Wooden's World of Baseball

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Update on Loudon County Ballpark, Redux

I have to say I was more than a little shocked when I read the news that Loudoun County had approved the zoning changes for a new stadium development complex. Reading through the comments, a little less than shocked at the ignorance of folks on the quality of play of the Atlantic League.

I've been following this story with a very simple interest of having a choice of pro baseball teams to attend. Not that I'm displeased with the PNats. Far from it. But when they're out of town, it's a choice of four hour-plus drives into Maryland. It's also nice to think of having a fallback if the Potomac goes away. It's nicer to think that this just might force Prince William County to do something about preventing that from happening.

I'm not holding my breath, but it's sure nice to think about getting back to following two teams in two different leagues again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home